What can Karen do to help me or my organization?
- Development and implementation of strategic and philanthropic plans with proven supporting strategies and tactics.
- Audit of board structure, criteria, and guidelines to strengthen board recruitment and development.
- New prospect identification and revitalization of former donors through philanthropic engagement process.
- Develop foundation grant structure and appropriate recommendations.
- Nonprofit start-up structure including fundraising training and participation for staff and volunteers.
Karen Dudley has more than 20 years’ experience in major and principal gift fundraising for such successful nonprofit organizations as the University of Miami, South Florida Annenberg Challenge, Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation, Zoological Society of South Florida, and The Nature Conservancy. Karen specializes in board development, strategic planning, capital campaigns, foundation and nonprofit start-ups, and donor identification and strategy. Her early career experience was in the financial services industry in management roles for Fortune 500 corporations in executive positions at TRW, Citibank, and General Electric.
Karen brings her business experience to the nonprofit world in the development and implementation of philanthropic strategy for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and closing of major, lead, and planned gifts, as well as managing and facilitating the process of major foundation, corporate, and government grant submissions and administration programs. Another area of expertise is the creation of mission and vision statements, foundation board structure and development, foundation grant structure including eligibility, review process, and award requirements from inception through evaluation.