Barbara P. Wilson
What can Barbara do to help my organization?
- Create and help implement integrated fund development plans tailored to your organization, mission and objectives using traditional and innovative fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Connect and align your organization’s priorities with a long standing and respected personal network of decision makers for national corporations, foundations and philanthropic individuals from Miami, Broward, and Miami.
- Conceive and implement an innovative tool the “Board Action Plan” (affectionately nicknamed the BAP!) where individual members have an annual personal action plan to introduce the organization to potential volunteers and donors.
- Use a Master of Science in Communication with a focus on gender rhetoric to create outstanding, results oriented written and verbal presentations, appeals, grants and major gift proposals.
- Train and mentor current staff and volunteers on best practices and help recruit new development professionals.
Barbara has more than 25 years senior level executive experience securing annual, major and principal gifts from corporations, foundations, entrepreneurs, civic organizations and public funding. She has exceeded fundraising goals for Lynn University, the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (Pediatrics), Gilda’s Club South Florida, the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship and Coral Springs Museum of Art. Barbara has secured first ever major donor match challenge campaigns and assembled a significant collaboration of five funders for an organization’s expansion from Miami into Broward County.
Barbara hails from Rochester, New York where she held senior level marketing positions for a national media corporation, the regional transportation authority and advancement for the University of Rochester. As a result of Barbara’s professional concerns, abuse of a copy and paste approach to fundraising communications, she recently earned a Master of Science in Communication from Lynn University with a thesis, “A Study of Feminine Rhetoric in Fundraising Letters.” She earned a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from the University of Dayton.